Sunday, March 25, 2007

Termite renewal!

Is it worth it to renew my termite contract?
I was sent this question and have to answer with an emphatic YES! Termite control is not an exact science, although the technology and chemistry has improved a great deal over the years with the introduction of non-repellent chemicals and baits, there is still the possibility of the termites finding a way back to your home. If the liquid being pumped in the ground hits a rock and splits leaving a small, untreated area, then you have a highway for the termites to return. This is no fault of the pest control company, it's just the nature of the treatment. So let's say the treatment kills 98 percent of the termite population and the other 2 percent get through, then you can have a problem. Now let's fast forward a few years later and you get a swarm, if you are not covered by your termite renewal then you would have to pay that whole thousand or so dollars again to have the home treated. If you paid the yearly renewal fee then it would cost you nothing but the fee. Now be warmed that if you get a swarm within the year then the partial treatment of the area should be free and covered under the one year warranty that most companies give.

1 comment:

bigico said...

Termites are social insects. They are best known for their wood eating habit. They

feed on dead Plants, Animals, Timbers and anything that contains Cellulose. There are

2600 Taxonomically known species of Termites. Termites are also known to be a good bio

reactor as they can recycle anything that comprises cellulose and hence helps in many

natural recycling procedures.

Termite control